There has been an intermittent growth in technology for business in the past decade. Enterprises are experiencing growth in sales, revenue, and returns on investment due to the technology change. Wholesalers and importers, for instance, have greatly benefited from the development of Cave Software.
As a multi-module management system, Cave Software helps wholesale and distribution trade companies to carry out their business activities and processes more smoothly. Synonym for “Customer and Vendor E-commerce,” CAVE is a revolutionary new software for importers, wholesale trade, and light manufacturing.
Cave Software presents a fully integrated sales order processing, accounting, purchasing, inventory control, and the ease of use of the web to businesses. Therefore, the Cave is designed to offer enhanced efficiencies for wholesale and supplies trade that no other software solutions can offer. With several features such as web access, budgeting, and cash flow management, Cave Software brings a real-time solution to the wholesale and supplies business.
Features Of Cave Software
As we already mentioned, Cave Software comes with a myriad of features that help wholesale trade become more seamless and adaptable. These features include:
- Inventory control
- Double Entry Accounting (GAAP)
- Order Processing
- 100% web-based
- Web Presence
- Web Access
The Cave Software is, therefore, a web-based service software that requires access to the internet. Besides, you can easily access the features from Mac’s device or any PC. No in-house server is needed to access the services.
For businesses that intend to use Cave Software, therefore, it is essential to note that Cave:
- Hosts all its programs and data on the internet
- The Cave Software can access it from anywhere as long as there is internet connectivity
- Use any workstation such as Mac, PC, Linux, etc.
- Offers web access to sales reps
- Secures users by location and logon
- Offers prime inquiries on wireless palm devices
- Provide web access to customers
- Provides off-site backups to all its data
- Requires no server maintenance
In addition, it is essential to remember that Cave offers 24/7 server support to its users, and your business will never outgrow your cave server.
Your purchasing and general ledger get fully integrated with Cave’s Accounts Payable system when on the Cave. This system is designed to deliver efficient entry and cross-referencing for PO numbers. Plus, Cave even verifies the bill and cost of landing numbers. See the list below for further additional activities you can perform with the Cave Software. You can:
- Check register
- Vouch system
- Report cash requirements
- Check printing
- Automatically select information from purchase orders
- Carry out A/P cash flow aging
- Automatically select G/L codes from prior vouchers
- Test for duplicate invoices
- Verify bill of landing for both cost and exists
Bill Of Materials
As a tool that focuses majorly on wholesale trade, the software supports an assembly of services, including product routing and bill of materials for light manufacturing. The system comes with several indented levels that support production processing and cost roll-ups.
Cave Software integrates a robust ledger system with a powerful budgeting system that is very easy to maintain.
Caves software takes customer relationships a notch higher. With a unique Minutes system, the software allows users to store customer-related information such as critical events, vendors, sales reps, etc. the Minutes contain follow-up dates that automatically appear as reminders to daily responsibilities. Teams can therefore use the tool as a collections management solution.
Key features include:
- Cargo insurance report
- Tracking report
- Track orders by ports, consolidator, voyage, consolidation ID, vessel, container, cartons, cruise, and Bill of landing
- In transit report
- Smart update multiple PO’s on one vessel
- Calculation of landed costs
- Maintain ship date, ETA to a warehouse, and ETA to port
- Auto ETA dates by port
The cash flow management system on the Cave Software is wholesome, with several features to support your cash flow management. Some of these features are accounts receivable futures, accounts receivable aging, cash requirements reporting, budgeting, and accounts payable aging.
Some of the solutions this feature gives you access to include:
- Multi warehouse
- Allocation system
- Transfer utilities
- Multi-level net
- Miscellaneous adjustments such as counts and damages
- Cycle counts and variance reporting
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
The most commonly used form of EDI in the Cave Software are:
- 810 – Invoice
- 850 – Credit Request
- 864 – Customer Profile
- 875 – Purchase Order
- 820 – Payment Advice
- 870 – Credit Decision
- 940 – Warehouse Shipping Order
- 945 – Warehouse Shipping Advice
Key features of the general ledger include:
- Classic reporting
- Journal entries
- Profit and loss
- Chart of accounts with different levels of divisions
- Trial balance
- Balance sheet
- Daily journal entries
- Accounts analysis
Other vital features the Cave Software offers include:
- Multi-currency – the payment system supports foreign currencies with automatic exchange rates updating
- Order processing – this allows you to select billing and shipping address, track order status, quick product selection, wireless palm OS inquiry, product substitution system, among many more solutions.
- Sales analysis
- Salesforce tools
- Shopping cart
- Web presence
- MRP support